Challenges and changes
1. Shopper missions: Sue was missing out on additional sales because she did not cater for some important shopper missions. Cans, a new format for the store, were introduced into the fixture to capitalise on this.
2. Choice: Sue’s energy range was missing healthier options, so low and no-calorie drinks, such as Lucozade Zero, were introduced to widen choice for shoppers in multiple age groups and tap into the rising health trend ahead of the Soft Drinks Industry Levy.
3. Visibility: New products and bestsellers didn’t stand out within the fixture. Adding PoS such as shelf wobblers and product bins near the till clearly signposts exciting products to shoppers and encourages impulse purchases.
Key lessons for your store
1. Shopper Missions: Stock cans of popular varieties to cater to different shopper missions and attract additional spend.
2. Choice: Increase your low and no-calorie drinks offer. Products such as Lucozade Zero meet the rising demand for healthier drinks.
3. Visibility: Increase PoS to highlight new products. Shelf strips, wobblers, and bins of ambient product encourage impulse purchases.
Lucozade Energy's tips
1. Group products by colas, energy drinks and waters to make it easy for customers to find what they want
2. Double or triple-face popular products, such as Lucozade Energy Orange and Original flavours, to reduce time spent restocking
3. Ensure popular low and no-calorie options are placed beside core flavours to give shoppers healthier choices
4. Embrace cans to cater to different shopper missions and attract additional sales