Outdated Browser Detected
Our website has detected you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from accessing certain features. An update is not required, but it is strongly recommended to improve your browsing experience.
Use the links below to upgrade to a modern browser.
With Christmas just around the corner, we spoke the winner of this year’s IAA Shop Layout category, Paul Mather of Sherston Village Stores, to get his top tips for a profitable Christmas.
Paul’s Top Five Christmas products this year:
1. Tracklements gift sets: “This local producer of mustards and chutneys make great gifts.”
2. Marshfield Mince Pies: “These are made in our local bakery.”
3. Sherston Tea Towel: “We’ve had these made with our very own design, so they are unique and limited edition!”
4. Wiltshire ham: “the best tasting ham around!”
5. Charity Christmas cards: “Charity cards go sell especially well”
In addition to this, Paul has held special events for Christmas, involving all the community.
“Our window display was designed by the local school and it looks awesome. We’ve also put up a tree outside and Christmas lights, which the elderly in particular like; and we’re playing music throughout December (it’s interesting to see which CDs different staff prefer!)
A young lady from the local school is to play Christmas carols by flute on Saturday 22nd for charity and Father Christmas will be attending with free mince pies (Marshfield!) on Christmas Eve.”
Paul is also offering his customers free beer tasting and promotions on wines and champagnes – all these extra activities should really help increase footfall and sales in his shop this festive season.
This article doesn't have any comments yet, be the first!
Become a Member to comment
Register to comment and get exclusive content and subscribe to the online and print versions of Retail News.