‘Start’ stands for:
- Support – Imperial has committed to supporting retailers with the changes
- Training – Retailers can go to Imperial for training resources
- availability – Keeping high levels of stock availability is crucial
- Range – Stocking a wide range of products increases customer loyalty and footfall
- Trust – Imperial Tobacco and the trade have a long history of working together
Through its recently launched ‘partnering for success’ programme, Imperial Tobacco is distributing ‘Start’ packs to retailers to help prepare for changes to tobacco law.
Imperial will develop the packs over the next 18 months to give retailers the latest information and category advice. The packs can be downloaded from Imperial’s trade website and will be distributed to retailers by their sales reps.
The packs were developed following feedback from engagement evenings and uses what the trade learnt with Standardised Packaging in Australia to form its guidance.
Sophie Hogg, head of sales & marketing operations at Imperial Tobacco, said: “The Start packs have been designed in conjunction with retailers, updating them with the latest legislative information while providing them with practical advice around issues we know they are concerned about.”
Are you clued up on the tobacco changes next year? Let us know.