The ‘technology triggers’ that could be losing your store money
As it launched its new all-in-one till system, Worldpay warned retailers that failing to adapt to new technology trends can ruin business reputations.
Retailers are putting their businesses at risk if they fail to adapt to digital trends, according to EPoS experts.
“Businesses that don’t invest in technology are at risk,” said Dave Hobday, UK managing director of Worldpay, at the recent launch of all-in-one EPoS system My Business Hub.
Digital anthropologist Nik Pollinger added that there was a “universal sense of trust” associated with technology.
“If technology is not used in a store, it can affect shoppers’ perceptions of the quality of a product,” he said.
Worldpay research found that 80% of consumers are more likely to trust retailers who use up-to-date technology than those who don’t.
Handwritten receipts, cash only payments and the lack of a website were some of the ‘technology triggers’ that made shoppers think twice about spending money.
My Business Hub provides:
- Access to the Google Play store to download the free My Business Hub app as well as any other apps that will help with the running of the business
- Chip & Pin payments, contactless payments (including Apple and Android Pay) and cash payments
- Sales and data insights
- Email and printed receipts
- Customisable product catalogue
- Cash tracking and real-time cash position
Click here for more information on My Business Hub.