Imperial Tobacco: tobacco
Category advice from Imperial Tobacco's Ignite platform to help manage your tobacco category
1. Maintain availability to maintain and gain loyal return shoppers to your store. More than one in ten* shoppers will walk out of a shop if their brand is not in stock.
2. Make your customers aware that you sell tobacco products at RRP or below
3. Merchandise using the One Brand, One Shelf technique
4. Check for out-of-stocks and fill your gantry up daily
5. Make sure that all of your staff are fully trained on the brand variants so they can advise customers and minimise transaction times.
6. If you have any suspicions around the sale of illegal tobacco in your area, please contact your Imperial representative or phone HMRC’s customs hotline on 0800 788 887. To find out more about our award-winning AIT campaign, visit www.suspect-it-report-it.co.uk
*ITUK estimates based on McKinsey shopper research 2013
** Retailers are free at all times to determine the selling price of their products