Five leading trade speakers have been confirmed for the third annual Local Shop Summit, which takes place at the Riviera International Conference Centre in Torquay next Monday, 10 June.
More than 200 independent retailers have already signed up for the ‘Get Local Right’ summit, which will feature a keynote presentation from international retail guru John Stanley.
The event features speakers from the Post Office, News International (publisher of The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times), Cadbury owner Mondelez International, retail symbol and buying group operator Today’s and trade title Retail Newsagent. All five will provide delegates with insight and action points for their shops.
Uniquely, the Local Shop Summit also features a Q&A session where attendees can directly discuss with the experts the best way forward for their businesses.
The topics to be covered are:
- Serving Your Community With a Post Office by David Gold, retail relationship manager at The Post Office
- The Value of News by Julian Davies, director of partner sales at News International
- Competing Locally by Susan Nash, trade communications manager at Mondelez International
- Building Relationships to Get Ahead by John Kinney, retail director at Today’s
- Using Data to Grow Sales by Chris Gamm, editor of Retail Newsagent.
The Local Shop Summit is the largest event of its type in the UK and delegates will be asked if shoppers really want a local alternative to Tesco and if so, how do you make your shop first choice?
“Any retailer who takes one thing from the Summit will improve their business”, said Steve Barker, S&J News, Rochester.
The Better Retailing team will be there on the day covering the key points from all the speakers. If you’re not going, you can follow the action on Twitter, where we are @betterretailing.