Retailers should aim to “make this Christmas a social Christmas” by boosting their digital presence on Twitter this season.
That was the advice from Chris Ellis, commercial director for Pernod Ricard, as the company launched a social media guide to boost sales of premium drinks.
The guide contains a step-by-step list on how to set up a Twitter account, as well as 10 tips to increase engagement. It also includes a feature called the ‘12 tweets of Christmas’, which gives ideas of what to tweet between Christmas and New Year.
Chris Shead, off-trade channel director at Pernod Ricard, said consumers are increasingly researching products online and then buying in store.
“The Pernod Ricard Twitter tips for Christmas 2015 could also be a key tool in helping retailers boost premium drinks, with wines costing more than £6.50 accounting for half of all wine sales last Christmas.”
Download the guide here
5 tips for social media this Christmas
- Promote your username on every touchpoint with consumers, including business cards, in store etc
- Offer exclusive deals to your followers
- Join in popular hashtags such as #Christmasgifts, #Christmas, #MerryChristmas etc
- Tweets that include images get 35% more interactions
- Monitor what works and what doesn’t