Outdated Browser Detected
Our website has detected you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from accessing certain features. An update is not required, but it is strongly recommended to improve your browsing experience.
Use the links below to upgrade to a modern browser.
2. If your store is visible well done you have discovered that you have the first part of your digital footprint. For those retailers whose store has not been revealed Google Maps allows you to edit the map so that you can gain your rightful place. We are using the Connolly Spar at Pewsey in Wiltshire as our working example.
3. As you can see the place marker only shows 12, North St while the map indicates the location of other nearby businesses in Pewsey. On the left you can see the most recent Street View image for 12 North St and some buttons to interact with Google Maps about the location.
You need to be signed into your Google account before you can suggest an addition or amendment to Google Maps.
4. If your business is invisible like the Spar in Pewsey it’s the ‘Add a missing place’ line you need to left click on. This will take you to the ‘Add a place’ box.
5. This allows you to add your store name, the category of business, phone number, website and trading hours. Here is the information used for the Spar store in Pewsey.
They have used their Store Facebook page as their website while a number of the retailers who attended the Local Shop Summit add their Symbol Group site. Trading hours can be set for each day; this store has the same hours Monday to Saturday and an hour less on Sunday.
6. Once you are happy that the details are correct press submit. When you have done this you will get an on screen acknowledgement and a thank you email.
The new place you have added is likely to take a few days to appear as Google moderate amendments to Google Maps. It took 7 days for the Spar in Pewsey to complete this process and then another few days for the Streetview image to appear.
This article doesn't have any comments yet, be the first!
Become a Member to comment
Register to comment and get exclusive content and subscribe to the online and print versions of Retail News.