Soft drinks expert Claire Keaveny drops by a local convenience store to add some flavour to their soft drinks chiller. betterRetailing listens in and reports on the latest tricks and tips for boosting category sales
If you would like to improve the performance of your store, please complete the form below and we will be in touch.
Brookside Petrol Station,
“This is a petrol station and people do not necessarily come in to buy food or drinks, so I really need to catch their attention fast. My chiller is small, compared with other convenience stores, so I need to be selective with my choices. I tend to prioritise bestsellers, but I’m hoping some more variety will boost sales.”
Senior Brand Manager,
“Nathan has a promising chiller. He is right to prioritise bestselling flavours, but also needs to keep his customers excited. High-visibility marketing campaigns can help sales hugely, and Nathan should take full advantage of them. We recommend stocking strong-performing soft drink flavours such as Lucozade Cherry and new flavours such as Larazade Croft Apple.”
Before: Brookside Petrol Station soft drinks
Lucozade Energy’s tips
- Position bestsellers at eye-level, with multiple facings for high impact.
- Give customers choice, with low-sugar options next to the original flavours.
- Stock exciting, popular flavours, such as Lucozade Energy Cherry.
- Try limited-edition flavours from big brands, such as Larazade Croft Apple, to add interest to chillers.
- Visibility: Position bestsellers, as well as low- and zero-calorie drinks such as Lucozade Zero, at eye-level to draw customers’ attention and encourage planned purchases.
- Choice: Introduce new flavours such as Larazade Croft Apple to take advantage of extensive marketing campaigns, such as the Lucozade Energy link-up with Tomb Raider.
- Availability: Keep your fixture full and tidy with multiple facings of popular products. Attractive displays help shoppers to make quick decisions and encourage them to buy on impulse.
What happens next?
Over the next four weeks, Nathan will follow Lucozade Energy’s expert advice. We will track the sales data at the store to see what changes.