Mars Chocolate’s top tips
- Make sure you stock impulse products, such as Merryteaser
- Construct seasonal displays to create a festive atmosphere
- Create in-store theatre to boost sales and encourage impulse purchases
- Stock up from September to make the most of the extended sales window
- Stock bestsellers from known and well-loved brands to boost sales
- Multiface Christmas limited editions to catch shoppers’ attention.
Mars Chocolate UK has unveiled its 2014 Christmas offering, including new products, while firm favourites will also be returning with updated packaging.
The confectioner is introducing new Merryteaser advent calendars and a Malteser giant cracker, which is predicted to be a success due to its recognisable branding and large size, ensuring it stands out on the shelves. A Milky Way Magic Stars Tube is also new to the range.
Also returning to the shelves are multipacks such as Malteser boxes, Celebrations and various other selection boxes aimed at consumers looking to buy gifts.
Tony Lorman, retail excellence director at Mars Chocolate, said: “Christmas is the most important time of the year for the confectionery market. At Mars, we plan all year round to ensure we have the best Christmas products and provide the best support for customers in the run up to and throughout the Christmas period.”