“At Christmas focus on the right range for the right time. Seasons present a great opportunity.”
That was the advice from Susan Nash, trade communications manager of Mondelez International, as she unveiled the Mondelez Christmas range for 2016.
Here we take a look at Mondelez’ new and returning products and explain when they should be stocked.
October- Mid-November – focus on impulse, novelties and advent calendars
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Snow Bites are back again this year and available in 90g bags, RRP £1.15. “We want these to have the same effect as Mini Eggs do at Easter,” said Anna Zeller, Christmas marketing manager at Mondelez.
- New for this year, Cadbury Dairy Milk Snow Balls, RRP £2.99, is a similar novelty product to the brand’s Egg and Spoon Easter product.
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Mousse Snowman is available in two flavours this year, Vanilla and Chocolate, RRP 65p.
- The brand is also launching its Roses and Heroes products in a new 500g pouch format. “These pouches will be great for Halloween and for the lead up to Christmas. We’ve got consumer research that shows they don’t want to see tubs in stores in October,” said Zeller.
- Maynards Bassetts is also launching a Wine Gums Merry Mix, RRP £1.32.
December – Change your range to include gift products.
- New for this year, Cadbury Dairy Milk Santa Gift Box contains nine chocolates, RRP £2.99
- Maynards Bassetts Wine Gums Merry Mix is available in a snowman-shaped jar, RRP £5.99.
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Toffee Crunch bags are back for a second year after creating £1.5m in sales when they launched last year.
- Cadbury Milk Tray grew by 13% last year and will be backed by a campaign this Christmas.
In December, Mondelez is giving retailers the chance to win prizes worth up to £500. Click here to find out how you can enter