Kepak Consumer Foods has premiered a range of food-to-go solutions for its Rustlers brand into convenience, after being launched into the on-trade last year.
Working exclusively with Nebrak Ltd, there are four Rustlers concepts available designed to fit small, medium and large stores (see descriptions below).
Ross Davison, convenience controller at Kepak Consumer Foods, said 2020 saw a rapid change in consumer behaviour, namely the shift to more home working. However, there are still 10.6 million people (33% of the total workforce) in key worker occupations and industries who continue to seek meal options throughout the day.
“Retailers need to appeal to these consumers by offering a 24/7 hot food-to-go solution. Now, with a roadmap outlining the easing of restrictions, retailers have a significant opportunity to make more money from their food-to-go fixtures with our bespoke range of instore solutions.
“This launch is more than just equipment – we will be providing a full food-to-go solution. We’ll work with each retailer on range recommendations and category advice, plus we’ll provide a dedicated PoS kit and installation as part of each package,” he added.
From a small microwave up to a larger-scale multi-station unit, the supplier said Rustlers’ in-store cooking solutions are proven to “boost sales while removing any concerns over waste and the additional labour costs associated with food to go counters”.
Shoppers simply have to select, purchase and heat the Rustlers product in store, meaning there is no risk of hot products going to waste.
The microwaves are pre-programmed to cook the bestselling Rustlers lines, and can be used to cook other hot food-to-go products for a cross category solution.
Rustlers Microwave (£250-450 plus VAT including delivery, set up and PoS kit)
- Only requires minimal space (w: 570mm, h: 400mm, d: 520mm)
- Pre-programmed to cook the bestselling Rustlers lines
- Can also cook other microwavable products
- Fully branded providing visibility in-store
Rustlers Food to Go Unit (£1,100 plus VAT including delivery, set up and PoS kit)
- A small footprint to maximise available floor space (w: 547mm, h: 2,000mm, d: 668mm)
- An all-in-one integrated unit complete with microwave, sanitisation station, a large preparation space and wipe clean surface
- A large area underneath to accommodate a waste bin
Rustlers Food to Go Unit+ (£1,325 plus VAT including delivery, set up and PoS kit)
- The ideal solution for a larger convenience store and forecourts (w: 800mm, h: 2,000mm, d: 800mm)
- An all-in-one integrated solution complete with large preparation space and wipe clean surface
- Fully branded with a microwave, mini fridge, sanitisation station and bin area
- To maximise sales, the unit should be sited near to the front-of-store chiller or adjacent to other drinks and food-to-go facilities, as these signpost to shoppers a dedicated food to go area in-store
Rustlers Multi-Station (£1,790 plus VAT including delivery, set up and PoS kit)
- An integrated stand featuring a large preparation space and wipe clean surface (w: 1400mm, h: 2200mm, d: 700mm)
- Fully branded microwave, mini fridge, sanitisation station, digital screen and bin area
- To maximise sales, the station should be sited near the chiller or adjacent to other drinks and food to go facilities, providing excellent visibility and signposting to shoppers a dedicated food to go area.
To find out more about the new units, call the Better Retailing team on 020 7689 3355
Read more product news