Mars are recalling certain lines across its Galaxy Milk, Galaxy Counters, Minstrel and Maltesers brands due to a potential risk of Salmonella.
All brands effected have best before dates of May 6 2018 or May 13 2018 and were made in Mars’ Slough factory. Retailers are being asked to remove the affected products from their shelves immediately.
A spokesperson from Mars UK stated: “A Mars spokesperson said: “Through our routine testing, we have detected the potential presence of salmonella from the ingredients used to make our chocolate.
“As a precaution, we are voluntarily recalling certain Galaxy Smooth Milk chocolate bars, Galaxy Minstrels and Galaxy Counters and Teaser bars. We are working closely with the relevant food safety authorities and our customers to ensure that the affected products are no longer available for purchase.”
The affected products are shown below:
- Galaxy Milk 200g Bar – product code AC76R, batches 719G1SLO00, 719G2SLO00, with the best-before date of May 6, 2018, and batches 720A2SLO00, 720B1SLO00 with the best-before date of May 13, 2018
- Galaxy Milk 4x42g Multipack Bars – product code AF67D, batches 719G1SLO00 and 719G2SLO00 with the best-before date of May 6, 2018
- Galaxy Milk 42g Bar – product code AN22R, batch number 719G2SLO00, with the best-before date of May 6, 2018
- Galaxy Counters 78g Treat Bag – product code AW99N, batch number 719G2SLO00, with the best-before date of May, 6, 2018
- Galaxy Counters 112g Pouch – product code AW99G in Ireland, batch numbers 720B1SLO00 and 720C1SLO00 with best-before dates of May 13, 2018
- Maltesters Teasers 35g Bar – product code AX46E, batches 720C1SLO00 and 720D2SLO00 in the UK and Ireland, with the best-before date of May 13, 2018
- Galaxy Minstrels 118g Pouch (Sweet Nights In promotion) – product code BJ30K, batch number 720B1SLO00, with the best-before date of May 13, 2018
The company added that: “No other brands or varieties of chocolate, pack formats, bar sizes or best before dates are affected.”
Do it: Contact Mars' retailer helpline for more information 0345 640 0895
This article doesn't have any comments yet, be the first!