With summer on the horizon, now is the time to make your soft drinks display sparkle to drive sales. Last month, category expert Jemma Healy from Lucozade Ribena Suntory visited Dilmeet’s store in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, and shared her advice on how an eye-catching display and strong core range can grow sales in a category worth £1.7bn to independent retailers.
The predicted annual sales increase for Dilmeet, based on data from the past six weeks
Londis Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
“I could see the change in the shop straight away, so I am not surprised by the sales increase – adding new facings has been particularly effective. Energy sales have increased considerably, and new flavours have helped refresh our display. Shoppers are responding well to the changes.”
Commercial activation controller, Lucozade Ribena Suntory
“It’s great to see that the changes we made in Dilmeet’s store have increased his sales. The key for Dilmeet is to look at the data to work out what sells best, and then use those top-selling products as the centrepiece of the category and a signpost for exciting new and limited-edition products.”
Lucozade Ribena Suntory’s tips
- Analyse your sales data to find your bestsellers and give them priority in the chiller.
- Make shopping easy by arranging drinks by brand, making the chiller easy to navigate.
- Refresh your displays regularly, adding excitement by stocking new products next to bestsellers.
Challenges and changes
Shoppers couldn’t see the bestselling products easily, so we gave them priority space in the chiller and displayed them with multiple facings.
Segment the category:
To cater to different customers’ missions and needs, we blocked products by category and then by brand to make the fixture easy to shop.
To drive excitement and tempt shoppers into trying something different, we made room for new and limited-edition products next to big sellers.
- Place top-sellers at eye level so shoppers can find their favourite brands
- Maximise year-round sales by focusing on layout, range and availability
- Make it easy for shoppers by blocking categories and brands
To read more advice from Lucozade Ribena Suntory on how to grow your soft drink sales, click here
[pardot-form width=”900″ height=”600″ id=”19541″ title=”Lucozade – Registration of interest”]
This article doesn't have any comments yet, be the first!