Recently there has been a lot of analysis of what makes some casual dining outlets successful while others fail. Convenience store operators – especially those with food-to-go should pay attention. While these secrets may look simple, operationally simple things often turn out to be difficult to deliver. So don’t scoff.
- Tip 1: Put plenty of cheese on a takeaway pizza as it retains heat well.
- Tip 2: Chinese and Indian meals take time to prepare and are not well designed for takeaway.
- Tip 3: Pizzas and burgers have ingredients that can be bulk bought and the average school leaver can be trained to make them.
- Tip 4: You need to reinvent the value of meals in the minds of consumers if you want to be successful.
- Tip 5: Sometimes you are not in the food business. For example, coffee shops may sell expensive coffee but they rent cheap meeting space.
This article doesn't have any comments yet, be the first!