community

I think the “C” in 'Convenience Store' stands for COMMUNITY. If our business does not cater for the community that uses it we will never achieve success. Your local community is your lifeblood and as...
video

Dan Marsden from Booker visited Sophie Towers in Burnley to discuss how the Hillingdon Convenience Store can grow profits by working with the community. This is the final week to enter this year's Independent Achievers...
Independent convenience retail

Being at the heart of your community is obviously of great benefit to your business but by engaging with local youngsters, perhaps even offering work experience, will build stronger ties at more levels. We are...

The Sherston Boules Day is the biggest event in my villages calendar and it has a big impact on my business. I know that if Gail and I manage it well we will have...

Summer 2013 may now be just a fading memory, but it is a season I will be delighted to recall. After the awful weather the previous year turnover was up more than 10%. We...

Whether you’ve got an Oyster Festival on your doorstep, a village summer fete up the road or even a weekly market day, make sure you’re part of the attraction by getting the right stock...
independent convenience retail

On a recent trip I visited what must be the good, the bad and the ugly of village shops. Having run a village shop with my wife for more than 20 years I do...
Local Shop Summit

One of the memorable lines that Sherlock Holmes says in the 2009 film  is "data, data, data, I must have more data!" I was reminded of this line when the Local Shop Summit key...
Independent convenience retailvideo

This years Local Shop Summit theme was "Get Local Right".  Like last year we again visited 3 fantastic independent shops to find out how they face some of the challenges in this industry. In this...

On Saturday 18th May we held our second Charity Football Tournament at Bramall Lane home of Sheffield United FC. The first one was a year to the day last year 19/05/2012. Following the success of...