99% say no to plain packs

Westminster is facing increasing pressure to backtrack on proposals to introduce plain tobacco packaging after an overwhelming 99% of respondents to a public consultation were opposed to the legislation. The results of the plain pack consultation, released last Wednesday, showed the government had received 137,000 responses on the issue. This included 136,000 campaign responses from retailers, lobby groups and unions calling for MPs not to press ahead with standardised packs. Additionally, 75% of the 1,307 written, non-campaign responses from businesses and other organisations were also against the plans. Of the remaining 25% in favour, 30% of these came from local

  • Reasons to sign up

    • Access to betterRetailing content
    • Weekly newsletters
    • RETAILER RESOURCES:
      • Downloads
      • Planograms
      • Category Management tools
    • Membership of betterRetailing's Independent Achievers Academy - a learning and development program, proven to help grow your business

COMMENT HERE

LEAVE A REPLY